MEMBERSHIP - Join our family by becoming a member
We invite those who make Mairangi Bay Community Church their spiritual home to express their commitment by becoming formal members of our church. The process is quick and easy, so no need to stress about it.
If you see yourself as a committed follower of Jesus Christ, you might want to consider formal membership in our church. It is not required, but for many of our visitors, a huge part of the church is the community it provides – and having a solid church membership system set up only helps you make that feeling stronger. Becoming a member is not a sign or badge of achievement, but it does give you that feeling that you are part of something meaningful and special. Also, to vote on certain church decisions, you must be a member. There are certain leadership functions (like being on staff or in Eldership) that are only open to those who make this fundamental commitment.
We believe it is important to be committed to a local church community. This concept is well-grounded on biblical principles of mutual belonging, accountability, pastoral support and service.
How do I become a member of MBCC?
1. You request to become a member (perhaps to one of the Pastors or Elders, or by contacting the church office).
2. You will be given a membership application form to complete. Once completed, you return it to the office.
3. The Elders will pray about your application and might have an informal get together with you. The purpose is to get to know you better and to “hear” your heart.
We suggest that new visitors wait at least three months before applying for membership. You might want to become familiar with us and the way we do things.
Requirements for membership
We do require that all members be followers of Jesus Christ, be water baptised and that they subscribe to our vision, values and statement of faith.
If you want to take the step towards membership, simply complete the form below and our administrator will send you the application form.
Who are we?
We are intentionally multi-cultural and our members come from about twenty different nations and so we enjoy a rich mix of cultures and languages.
For us, it is all about Jesus. To know Him and to make Him known. We are a Bible-based church and it is our desire is to see every believer enjoy a loving, growing and fruitful relationship with the LORD.
Who are our Pastors?
Pr. Abri Brancken (originally from South Africa) serves as our leading Pastor and Pr. David Yeh (originally from Taiwan) is the associate.
To read a short biography of our Pastors, visit our Leadership & Staff section.
* Service language: English
* Live wireless Translation into Chinese & Japanese: Yes
* Services time: 09:00 & 11:00 am
* Seats: Comfortable seating (220)
* Baby cry room with TV feed: Yes
* Children's church: Yes
* Parking: Free
* Wheelchair parking & toilets: Yes
* Coffee & tea after services: Yes
* Administration offices: Yes
* Service live streaming: Yes
We have a variety of weekly ministries, programmes & activities here at MBCC. Some of them include:
- Programmes for preschoolers, primary & intermediate kids.
- Weekly youth gatherings
- Young adults fellowship for university level & above.
- Life Groups in different languages across the North Shore.
- English language classes.
- Courses: Marriage, Alpha, Parenting courses, Missions & outreach courses, Prophetic courses, etc.
Did you know?
MBCC was established in Mairangi Bay in the 1950s, and at the time consisted of about 20 locals (Kiwis). However the roots of the church go back much further, all the way to 1912. Yes, that's right. We are over 106 years old! Today MBCC is an autonomous, self-governing evangelical church with a heart to see people saved (being born-again) and to disciple believers to become dedicated followers of Jesus Christ.
We are affiliated with a dynamic movement of churches known as Christian Churches New Zealand. MBCC is also privileged to be a member of the New Zealand Christian Network.
49 Maxwelton Drive
Map? Scroll down this page
Office tel: 0064(09) 478 6314
Church office hours:
9.30 AM to 13.30 PM
(Tuesday to Friday)